Useful Websites and Organizations
Here are some useful websites and organizations across the USA that you should be aware of and get to know:
- The Brain Injury Association of America – Your first stop to learn about programs in the US working to help survivors.
- Brain Injury Association of Delaware
- Brain Injury Association of New Jersey
- The Janet Pomeroy Center – Serving people with disabilities since 1952. (San Francisco, CA)
- Sweetwater County Brain Injury Support Group (WY)
- Brain Injury Association of Nebraska
- DougTrails – Chronicling a brain injury survivor’s 3,256-mile solo bicycle tour to help brain injury survivors, promote helmet use, and raise awareness.
- DougTrails – Read about Doug Markgraf’s hospital stays and early recovery as chronicled by family and friends, then later the TBI-survivor himself. This blog is updated infrequently, but is very helpful.
- The Raisin Hope Foundation
- This Beats A Coma – 2012 documentary that highlights Doug Markgraf’s amazing recovery from a severe traumatic brain injury to a return to the bicycle and to the aid and advocacy of thousands across the USA.
- On With Life Rehabiliation Hospital – Ankeny, IA